The Alexander Eastman Board of Trustees announces $417,000 in community grant awards for the Spring 2022 Grant Round to the following organizations:
The Upper Room: $32,000
- The Family Wellness program promotes safe, stable, and nurturing relationships between children and parents and/or caregivers.
Derry Boys & Girls Club: $33,000
- Purchase of a new “Big Blue 4” bus.
Community Caregivers of Greater Derry: $32,000
- Operating support for the Volunteer Caregiving and Loaner’s Closet programs. These programs help a vulnerable local population access critical health service and remain more safely and independently in their own homes.
Isaiah 58: $28,000
- Funding to support families and individuals in need by providing food, clothing, counsel, and general assistance.
Greater Derry Community Health Services: $150,000
- Operating support for the delivery of health services, case management, and behavioral services.
Planned Parenthood – Derry Health Center: $30,000
- Support of community healthcare to under-served and vulnerable populations.
Hampstead Fire Department: $2,800
- Support of community CPR training program.
Upreach Therapeutic Equestrian Center: $3,000
- Support for equine-assisted activities/therapies and experience the power of the horse to promote increased overall independence and wellness.
Derry Friendship Center: $10,000
- Funding support to make structural repairs to the facility.
Derry Rail Trail Alliance: $7,000
- Funding for trail roadway crossing safety lighting.
Family Promise of Southern NH: $10,000
- Support of family services programs in the AEF catchment area.
Greater Derry Oral Health Collaborative: $73,600
- Support for the provision of comprehensive preventive dental services and education to improve the oral health of children from birth through middle school.
Friends Program: $5,600
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) works to increase access to food, medical care, nutrition, exercise, health care and education, prevention, and improved health outcomes.